Friendsheep Eco Dryer Balls naturally soften and fluff your laundry by gently tumbling in your dryer. Their movement helps separate your fabrics allowing the heat to better flow between them. This will reduce wrinkles, static cling, and will help you sensibly reduce drying time.
Lovingly hand made for fair wages by underprivileged women and people with disabilities in Kathmandu, Nepal. Ethical working conditions, medical care, education and purpose to empower people while respecting animals and nature.
Check out Friendsheep's "making of" video to see their artisans in action!
- Naturally soften and fluff your laundry while helping you reduce drying time by 20% to 40% depending on load size
- Completely plastic-free, chemical-free, unscented, non-toxic, and hypoallergenic, they're the perfect choice for those with sensitive skin and babies
- Reusable for 1000+ loads - each set will last for years!
- Reduce wrinkles and static cling
- The highest quality. 3", over 2 oz of 100% New Zealand Wool each, organic and cruelty-free certified.
- No fillers, 100% wool to the core
- Makes your laundry more manageable - no more balling and twisting!
- Eliminate single-use, chemical-filled dryer sheets, and liquid fabric softeners
- Save you time, energy, and money!
- Hand made from 100% organic and cruelty-free certified New Zealand wool to the core - no fillers or additives
- Individually hand-felted in Nepal for fair wages in ethical and environmentally friendly working conditions
- We plant one tree with every purchase of a Friendsheep product, thanks to our partnership with the Eden Reforestation Project.
- Each set of 6 extra large wool balls comes with a user manual and a charming and useful hand printed organic storage bag
- Compostable product in a completely recyclable and compostable packaging
They're the ideal eco-friendly gift for yourself and for anyone who wants to live a safe, sustainable, healthy, plastic-free life
100% premium new Zealand wool
Friendsheep products are cruelty free certified by Leaping Bunny (https://www.leapingbunny.org/content/friendsheep). Their wool comes from sheep humanely treated and sheared. Their organic wool is certified cruelty free, and it's sourced from a small consortium of family owned farms in New Zealand where sheep are ethically treated and no chemicals, hormones, or pesticides are ever used, and of course no mulesing is practiced - never.
6 pack comes in a muslin bag.
Friendsheep was created by Valeria Isaacs, a zero waste entrepreneur, disability advocate, mother, wife, nature lover, and former biologist. Always passionate about ecology and sustainable living, her pursuit of those passions was interrupted when a spinal cord injury left her quadriplegic at age 22. During her long and still ongoing recovery, Valeria has obtained a master’s degree in molecular biology, worked in contemporary art, and enjoyed living life at its fullest.
In late 2015, she decided to give new meaning to her life by founding Friendsheep, with the aim of providing high quality, eco-friendly products that respect animals and the environment while also providing work and purpose to women and people with disabilities in underprivileged communities of Nepal.
After getting things started, she quickly enrolled her husband Alessandro and just a few months later, in early 2016 Valeria and Alessandro were blessed with the most unexpected and extraordinary surprise: a twin pregnancy! Extremely rare event in the medical world, Valeria was the fifth known case of quadriplegic woman to give birth to living twins (and only the second one with identical twins!).
In summer 2016, at 29 weeks, Trent and Damon came into their lives with an emergency c-section due to rare twin to twin transfusion syndrome. Their birth and the following difficult months in the NICU reinforced Valeria's vision of Friendsheep as a tool for equality and social justice.
As a mother and woman with disabilities herself, she holds a special place in her heart for every underprivileged woman that strives every day for a better life for herself and her family.
Over the years, Valeria and Alessandro have grown Friendsheep from a small operation on the dining room table in their house in California, into their garage, and into bigger and more spacious warehouses with every year that’s gone by - all while raising little Trent and Damon into two healthy, strong, eco-conscious and very active kids.
Friendsheep now provides fair wages to hundreds of people in Nepal, and our Nepali friends have become part of our family, just like our employees here in the US. Our talented needle felters, ball makers, screen printers, warehouse managers, bag makers, are all equally important to our success and all contribute their loving work to everything we send out to our customers. It is a wonderful experience to have had the chance to expand our family across different continents, and we will treasure it forever.