Brush with Bamboo is the world’s first plant-based toothbrush. Every component of their product is plant-based: bristles, handle, and box.
Brush with Bamboo is a USDA Certified Biobased Product by the United States Government’s Bio preferred Program. The purchase of their toothbrush is a vote for biobased products that are not fossil fuel-based.
Available in adult and kids sizes!
All of their products are Verified BPA-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and Non-toxic.
This ecological bamboo toothbrush will last just as long as a conventional plastic toothbrush. Please see the details on the Proper Care page.
Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on earth. Because it contains naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents, there is no need for using fertilizers or pesticides during its cultivation. Their bamboo is totally organic and wild. After they harvest a bamboo stalk to use it for toothbrushes, another stalk takes its place and grows to full size within just 2 years — a remarkable growth rate!
Clean Planetware created a high quality easy-to-grip curved handle made entirely out of bamboo. Only wild, giant Moso Bamboo is used for their bamboo toothbrush handles. At present they are harvesting less than 1% of the possible bamboo resources available in the sprawling Chinese bamboo mountain range where their supplier harvests bamboo.
USDA Certified 100% Biobased Bristles
Clean Planetware toothbrush bristles are 100% Castor Bean Oil and USDA Certified 100% Biobased – see the USDA Certification and Testing Paperwork here. This means that their bristles contain 0% fossil fuel. Their bristles are made in Germany. For further information regarding the decomposition process of these bristles, please read their FAQ page.
The outer box is made from 100% compostable paper and is also biodegradable – no tape or glue is used.
We receive this product from Clean Planetware in eco-friendly packaging.
Clean Planetware was founded on a simple idea: that the products we use on a daily basis, from toothbrushes to plates to straws, should be healthy for us and healthy for the planet that we live on. In our modern society, we produce billions of single-use products each year that will not break down for thousands of years and will pollute soil, oceans, and rivers throughout their lifetime. At Clean Planetware, they find this concept to be not just nonsensical, but also unecological and uneconomical.
Some facts on plastic that have inspired us to make a change:
- Half of the 300 million tons of plastic produced each year is used only once
- More than 40 percent of plastic is used to create packaging
- Hundreds of billions of plastic bags are used annually around the globe, with one million being used each minute.
- The typical plastic bag is used for 15 minutes but may take over 1000 years to decompose
- In the US, every year 100 billion plastic beverage bottles are used with 57 percent used for water.
- A collection of garbage off the California coast is twice the size of Texas. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch has six times as much plastic as there is sea life in the area.
- Of the material in the collection of garbage in the Pacific Ocean, 80 percent comes from the land
- The chemicals in plastic, like BPA, are found in 93 percent of people over age six
- The amount of plastic being produced is increasing exponentially. In the past decade, more plastic was produced than the preceding century.