Clean Planetware's drinking straw cleaners are made from agave fiber and steel a completely plastic-free alternative to conventional nylon straw cleaning brushes.
After the agave fibers become wet, the fibers become more flexible, allowing them to be used for cleaning drinking straws of virtually any diameter. Long-lasting and durable, these agave fiber drinking straw cleaners will be a great addition to your zero-waste lifestyle toolkit.
Made in India
Comes without packaging.
Clean Planetware was founded on a simple idea: that the products we use on a daily basis, from toothbrushes to plates to straws, should be healthy for us and healthy for the planet that we live on. In our modern society, we produce billions of single-use products each year that will not break down for thousands of years and will pollute soil, oceans, and rivers throughout their lifetime. At Clean Planetware, they find this concept to be not just nonsensical, but also unecological and uneconomical.
Some facts on plastic that have inspired us to make a change:
- Half of the 300 million tons of plastic produced each year is used only once
- More than 40 percent of plastic is used to create packaging
- Hundreds of billions of plastic bags are used annually around the globe, with one million being used each minute.
- The typical plastic bag is used for 15 minutes but may take over 1000 years to decompose
- In the US, every year 100 billion plastic beverage bottles are used with 57 percent used for water.
- A collection of garbage off the California coast is twice the size of Texas. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch has six times as much plastic as there is sea life in the area.
- Of the material in the collection of garbage in the Pacific Ocean, 80 percent comes from the land
- The chemicals in plastic, like BPA, are found in 93 percent of people over age six
- The amount of plastic being produced is increasing exponentially. In the past decade, more plastic was produced than the preceding century.